Posted on July 5, 2008
Apply for Spanish-language course in online journalism
A new online course, in Spanish, will focus on online journalism skills for current journalists. The class will take place entirely online and will cover these five areas:
- Introduction to Journalism 2.0. Understand the opportunities and challenges of practicing journalism in the digital age.
- Web 2.0 and an Eye on the Future. Learn how Web 2.0 sites expand the realm and responsibilities of today’s journalists.
- Blogs, Breaking News, and Headlines (Writing for the Web). Explore and critique the world of blogs, and learn to write strong web headlines.
- Multimedia Basics. Explore basic practices in photography and video production, and experiment with the technology.
- Multimedia Planning. Learn what makes a good multimedia story and how to produce these pieces.
Apply online until July 6, 2008, at 5 p.m. CDT (-5:00 GMT) here.
More information: Knight Center for Journalism in the Americas.