Posted on January 2, 2008
Top Tojou blog posts of 2007
Inspired by William M. Hartnett, I went into my Google Analytics data for this blog and had a look at what people liked here in the past 12 months. The data are a little sketchy because I switched this blog from Blogger to WordPress at mid-year, but I ran the full year for each URL and came up with these (all links point to this blog, not the old one).
- Why Al Jazeera English is blocked in the U.S.
- Getting (and keeping) a job in journalism
- Best journalism schools in the U.S.
- Basic kit: Gear for the multimedia reporter
- Tutorial: An MP3 audio player for any Web page
New blog (this one):
- Web design 101: What the audience sees
- Tape vs. hard drive vs. card, and AVCHD
- 5 things to tell the students
- Newspaper video experts: What they’re doing
- How Gannett trains video shooters
- Journalism stories: A multimedia approach (Parts 1, 2, and 3)
- 5 things you can do to improve news graphics now
- What a hiring editor looks for (or, what’s your URL?)
- 5 steps for teams producing journalism
- What journalists should know about databases